Tuesday, September 22, 2015

I Can't Draw To Save My Life! - Storyboarding The Rose of Edenton


I CAN’T DRAW TO SAVE MY LIFE!
STORYBOARDING THE ROSE OF EDENTON

Ok, so now anyone who knows me knows that I can’t draw to save my life (deep sigh). Interestingly enough that is exactly what is needed for the next phase of bringing The Rose of Edenton or any film to life. After your script is finished and you are preparing to shoot, you have to do storyboards of your film. Fortunately for me I don’t have to be an accomplished artist or even an amateur artist for that matter. In essence, you or an illustrator are creating a sequence of rough sketches that convey major changes of action or plot in your scene. Storyboards can be hand drawn and look like pages out of a comic book, be digitally created with software (thankfully, for my sake) or even animated.



The purpose is to communicate clearly with your cast and crew your vision for each scene since they are responsible for following your direction. For you, as the director, to help your cast and crew clearly understand your vision is an absolute necessity! Storyboarding will save a lot of problems with miscommunication once you’re actually on the set and save you tons of time. Please see the links below for some examples but don’t limit yourself there are many more. Be encouraged and keep moving forward because I want to see your movie masterpiece!  As always, let’s keep each other encouraged so comment, connect and communicate with me because I love to hear from you, thanks!



STORYBOARD EXAMPLES
https://www.google.com/search?q=examples+of+storyboards&safe

STORYBOARDING APPS/HELP
http://www.storyboardthat.com
http://www.teachthought.com/apps-2/11-storyboarding-apps-organize-inspire-young-writers

Jacquie
Writer, Producer & Director
The Rose of Edenton
GoodLife Productions Entertainment
www.goodlifeproductionsllc.com
Twitter: @jacqshukur
Facebook: Jacquie Shukur-Powell
                   GoodLife Productions Entertainment 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment